A key to our success in retaining top quality information security staff is management through flexibility and individual attention. While TDI continuously implements organization-wide policies and procedures for staff retention through our industry-leading benefits and career development programs, our policies include the flexibility to adapt to individual needs and concerns. Each staff member is treated as an individual. Supervisors mentor the employee's job progress, career advancement, and training needs and shape career plans to help the employee attain their long-term aspirations. We promote from within whenever possible. Supervisors also have the flexibility to authorize telecommuting under special circumstances. These policies, over a period of many years, have resulted in an increase in job satisfaction, decrease in turnover, and willingness to contribute additional hours as necessary to meet client requirements. When asked about why TDI employees chose to work here and why they stay, the same responses are consistently put forth:
- As information security engineers, our personnel want to work with recognized leaders in information security. Experts in the field want to work with other experts in the field – this is the major attraction and motivator for our staff offered by TDI.
- As a small company we are attentive to the employee, flexible and responsive to their needs, and able to offer them growth at a faster rate than larger organizations.
- Our benefits cannot be beat when they combine tuition assistance, large employee referral fees, information security certification reimbursement, internal information security working groups, training sessions, and mentoring.
TDI's retention rate is the best indicator of our capacity to retain information security personnel as we proudly claim that on average, only one person per year voluntarily leaves our employment; our staff retention rate is 94%.
TDI is a firm known for its exceptional expertise and dedicated personnel—our talented and diverse staff greatly enhances the security of our clients while fostering a collaborative and communicative environment. As a small company, TDI has developed a unique and inviting culture and environment. We differentiate ourselves with not only our generous benefits package, but also with TDI's outlook. The following factors contribute towards making TDI an outstanding place to start, nurture, and grow a career:
- An expert workforce — As a consulting company, TDI's primary strength and sole reason for our success is our employees. With our focus on IA/IS, we have become known for having extremely knowledgeable personnel that our clients depend on. Seventy percent of our technical staff has a CISSP or similar recognized certification as information assurance professionals. Ninety percent of our technical staff have a Federal Security Clearance at SECRET or higher. From advanced degrees, to IA certifications, to extraordinary real-life experiences in the field, TDI staff are the best in the business.
- Strong business fundamentals — TDI has grown every year since inception in 2001. Even in periods of a shaky overall economy, TDI has provided a strong and steady backbone for its personnel. Going forward, TDI will continue its growth.
- Small-company collegial environment — TDI takes pride in hiring well-rounded intellectual individuals that also have a personable and friendly personality.
- We seek to foster a collegial environment within our diverse staff with holiday parties and periodic social events such as kayaking, bowling, and trips to a museum.
- TDI has season-tickets to DC United soccer games. Employees are periodically offered a chance to attend games with their friends and/or family using TDI's tickets.
- TDI has periodic all-hands meetings, which provide an opportunity for senior staff to interact with all employees.
- There is an informal mentoring program that helps new employees adjust to TDI and helps to develop them throughout their career.
- Providing exceptional value to clients — TDI's clients — from Department of Defense entities, to civilian government, to commercial firms — all depend on TDI to help secure their information assets. We value their trust, and take tremendous pride in providing each client with individual and focused attention.